In this article you are going to see all the items that can be found in media resources centre and their functions.
The Media Resources Center (MRC) is the collection of materials both in print and audio-visual form. The following are the Items that can be found in media resources centre and their functions:
- Photocopiers can copy separate pages from an open book. With this feature, the operator no longer needs to reposition the book; the machine will automatically scan the book per page and produce a single copy of each.
- Photocopiers are equipped to reduce the size of the original copy. They come with preset reductions for standard business-sized paper and a zoom feature that allows you to adjust the increments.
- It is also available to anyone who can read the documents, not being tied to a specific form of technology that may become outdated soon.
- Another advantage to microfilm is that, if the power should go out or the machine breaks, the only thing that would be needed to read the data would be a magnifying glass.
- The interactive whiteboard in the classroom is a cost saver as the technology demonstrates how a single computer can provide an appropriate learning stimuli for an entire classroom.
- It is also more cost effective compared to equipping every student with a laptop or even an entire IT room. The flexibility it brings to education is why it is common in primary schools and universities all over the world.
- Teachers in high school and college make extensive use of data projectors to give notes or lectures, as do business people making presentations to co-workers or clients.
- Tape recorders always require that the recording media and the recording or playback tape heads move with respect to each other.
- Providing appropriate programs keeping in view the special needs of the youth. 6. Making specific programs for and about women, tribal, children, handicapped, aged and vulnerable sections of society
- Promoting social justice and combating exploitation, inequality and such evils as untouchability and advancing the welfare of the weaker sections of the society.
- It plays a key role in socializing and helps people find happiness, especially during hard times.
- Newspapers also seek to offer a diversion and simply entertain. To this end, many newspapers will publish crosswords, games and puzzles.
- They also publish news of importance to a community, such as wedding notices, birth and deaths. Newspapers also offer a historical and archival record of past events and local happenings
- Magazines provide information on current happenings around the world; they also provide information for research, entertainment and leisure.
- Good textbooks are excellent teaching aids. They’re a resource for both teachers and students.
- Textbooks provide administrators and teachers with a complete program. The series is typically based on the latest research and teaching strategies.
- Use it to type documents/messages.
- Can navigate around your PC and files without needing a mouse. (search function)
- Its processes information and control everything in computer
- Students can use the internet to speak to and communicate with family and friends without incurring huge phone bills.
- With a laptop a student can take notes in class, type up assignments, share notes, and work with groups on projects.
- The mouse allows users to switch between applications, select options and buttons, and move around the screen with a great degree of accuracy and fluidity.
- It is used to move between and select links on a website, buttons on an options screen, entries on a menu, and many more tasks that would be far more difficult using a keyboard alone.
- Educationists create sets of worksheets as per the academic curriculum of the learners. The learning objectives are set as per the kid’s level of understanding.
- Worksheets give the added advantage of transforming into colouring worksheets where kids can express their creativity while playing with colours.
- They are used for writing and drawing
- It is also used painting
- It is used for writing
- It is also used for signing documents
- It is used for displaying information for educational use or entertainment. One popular use of a wallchart is to track progress of sports teams in cup events.
- It is used for reading and writing
- Monitor is an output device that helps in the user to see what is being processed in the computer
- It is used for printing of documents in the library
- It helps calculation to be easy
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!